Thursday, May 31, 2012

Angels in My Studio

Am I the only one who puts off art-making because, well, I should be cleaning, or working on my "real" business, or....a million other things?  Then half the time, I don't do those other things anyway!  I'll go to bed finally realizing I should have just let my spirit play. 

I hope you don't have that issue.  I hope you make art all the time because it feeds your soul.  My soul needs feeding these days.  I came across an interesting e-course yesterday called Angels In My Studio and decided it would be just the thing to get me back to making art.  Bonus:  I love angels and want to connect with them in my life...what a perfect course for me!

In case you'd like to join the fun, you can find out more about the five month course at Painting Herself Into Being. Sheri Ann Ponzi organized the course and it's taught by a big group of fun and fabulous creative folks.



Today I completed my first lesson.  It was a lesson on intuitive angel painting presented by Cheryl Irwin.  You can find more about Cheryl at her website: CherylIrwinArts.com

I had a blast making this angel, it really helped free me up.  Next time, I'll try to remember to take
in-progress pictures, but this time, I'm just posting my fun little angel.

What I learned today: 
Don't let perfectionism keep you from moving forward. 

My mantra:
I am enough.

May you walk with angels today! 
Shelly

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post :) Yes things always seem to get in the way of my art time! frustrating! Love the sound of the workshop...beautiful painting too x
    I am enough....awesome mantra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Fi! I'm glad I'm not the only one. May we both get our priorities straight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear shelly,

      thank you for your lovely visit at recuerda mi corazon. i am so pleased we will share this dance of blooming true!

      Delete
    2. It was my pleasure to visit your magical blog, Rebecca! I am so looking forward to our adventure together! ♥

      Delete
  3. I love this angel! You are not alone! I've struggled with making time for art so much. I don't know how moms with little ones do it?!!? When I get into a groove like I am now... I wonder how I just how I went on without it. Have you discovered leoniedawson.com! She has been very encouraging for me!
    Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nat! I love your beautiful blog. I'm with you, I have no idea how mom's with little ones paint. They are amazing. I haven't checked out Leoniedawson.com...I'll have to do that. I'm just beginning this little blog and lately all my attention has been on painting and not blogging. Hopefully, I'll get it all together so I can keep all the balls in the air! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!